Jeroen Hilhorst Concert guitars
|The Budget Concert Guitar|
The budget concert guitar is a more affordable version of the standard concert guitar.
The guitar has an elevated fingerboard, which is good for the sound, makes for easier playing over the octave and minimizes the chance for scratching the soundboard.
The differences are:
- No armrest
- Simpler decoration: No decoration lines
- Simpler finish: All of the guitar is French polished with shellack
- Simpler tuners: Gotoh 620, with white buttons
- Simpler case: Hiscox Standard
There are 20 frets on the fingerboard.
The string length is 65 cm.
The guitar has an optimised soundboard, a centerbrace and a reinforced back.
The materials in the budget concert guitar:
- A soundboard of very high quality European spruce, or cedar
- Back and sides of very high quality Indian rosewood
- The back is reinforced with cedar
- An ebony neck reinforced with graphite
- An ebony fingerboard
- An ebony centerbrace
- Internal reinforcements in pine
- A rosette in kingwood.
It is of course possible to have extra's on the budget concert guitar.
My first choice would be to opt for the armrest and the durable finish.